Honors English (but really, Honors Research and Writing)...
We'll be focusing on community throughout this semester, so don't be perplexed when most of my blog topics will be focused on that. Each student in the class had to choose a community in our local area, Blacksburg, that was of interest to them and that they wanted to research further. As soon as this topic came up, my mind went directly to the Middle East, a region which I love very much. I tried to look beyond my first reaction and look into some other groups and organizations like: Virginia Tech's Radio Station, Sororities and Fraternities, Classic Car Organizations, Big Brothers Big Sisters, and Martial Arts.....I'm interested or a part of all of these groups, but I'm going to stick with communities in the Middle East. Specifically, Muslims and Islamic culture (Anybody have a friend here at Virginia Tech that is a Muslim?) I'm looking forward to learning more about the culture and religion of my chosen group!
"In literature it is our business to give people the thing that will make them say, 'Oh yes, I know what you mean'. It is never to tell them something they don't know, but something they know and hadn't thought of saying. It must be something they recognize."
[Robert Frost]
[Robert Frost]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment