"Great job!" :D
I thought this project turned out pretty well, so I'm glad that I received some affirmation from Professor Grete. Of course I didn't get limitless praise, though; I got some really constructive criticism as well.
Professor Grete encouraged me to make the main points of my website pages more obvious at first glance for my viewers. That is, using big phrases and visual aids that offer the general idea of my topic more readily.
The biggest suggestion I was given was to limit how much text I used in my website. (...Um. Did I understand that correctly? My Honors English Professor told me to write less? Haha. ;P Anyways...) Of course that made sense. One of the main points of a website is to make information less like a book, and more like ...a website. Emphasis on visual and interactive themes is necessary for me to stay true to the genre I chose for this project. I've already written essays on Islam, I don't need to keep writing more. So I probably had things right at first when I had less text. You know, before I got worried about having too little content on my website. Haha, oh well.
The other feedback I got was that my site links would look better as actual buttons. I wholeheartedly agree, but I don't think that I can do that... Any suggestions, anyone??
So. I have already tried to improve my homepage, giving more clarity to the main idea of my website. I think that over this next week I will "try to do more with hyperlinks," and adjust the amount of text I have included. I used hyperlinks several times in one section of my site, and I was actually a little unsure of whether that was okay or not. Now I know. So, in that fashion, I will revise the rest of my project. My website pages: "Islamic History" and "Initiating Action @ Virginia Tech" are in need of the most attention.
Yay for presentations due tomorrow!
"In literature it is our business to give people the thing that will make them say, 'Oh yes, I know what you mean'. It is never to tell them something they don't know, but something they know and hadn't thought of saying. It must be something they recognize."
[Robert Frost]
[Robert Frost]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I checked out your website today and I'm glad I did. It's highly surf-able. About the need for buttons: I myself do not know, but Abel's website seems to have them just beneath the header. If you feel like revising it, you might get his word on it.
Very sharp!
I appreciate it!
I'm pretty sure that Able didn't create an actual website...I think he used Photoshop? Well whatever it was, it was awesome. But anyway, Google Sites for some reason just doesn't allow you to customize that part of the layout. Commies. ;P
Thanks for your thoughts!! :)
Post a Comment