Kayvan tells the truth! I agree with him in that the library is a super valuable resource...
I had to watch a VHS for extra credit in one of my classes the other day, and I was bummed because I thought I wouldn't be able to watch it. Really, who has a VHS player these days, let alone in college? I asked around if anyone had any ideas, but I had no success. No VHS player, no extra credit. So what does my RA say? They have VHS players at the library. They have this convenient little VHS/DVD/TV setup right there on the second floor near the reception desk -where a lot of us took our Library Tour quiz. I don't know about anyone else, but I had no idea they offered that, and I was stoked. Yes VHS player, yes extra credit! After I watched the video (which was boring as all get out, by the way), I walked around the library and found a good nook for attacking my many reading assignments. No one bothered me. Amazing.
Stupid story, but the moral is: Kayvan is quite right by saying that the library's research databases are amazingly "Godlike", and I must add that this statement is true of pretty much the entire library!
"In literature it is our business to give people the thing that will make them say, 'Oh yes, I know what you mean'. It is never to tell them something they don't know, but something they know and hadn't thought of saying. It must be something they recognize."
[Robert Frost]
[Robert Frost]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'd have to say it's difficult NOT to get excited about the library at times. It's surprising how many books and resources are available online to students. Even better, the movie titles in their DVD collection are remarkably current!
our library is pretty much awesome in a nutshell...that's why it's 7 stories :) one for each day of the week, lol i dunno
Post a Comment