"In literature it is our business to give people the thing that will make them say, 'Oh yes, I know what you mean'. It is never to tell them something they don't know, but something they know and hadn't thought of saying. It must be something they recognize."
[Robert Frost]

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thoughts on My Essay Draft

I am a little unsure about how I performed on the essay draft that we all had to turn in on Wednesday. I know that I still have a lot of work to do on it....but I don't know whether that "a lot" entails an entirely new essay, or just typical editing. I never gave myself time to just sit and read my essay and really digest what it was that I was doing with my text; I wasn't able to get as deep with it as I wished. I definitely intend to make time for that much-needed contemplation before the official essay is due...and Professor Grete's feedback will absolutely help me improve and refine my writing as well! I'm looking forward to getting her email! ....I think, haha.

No comments: